Being tagged is the latest blogger meme: Once you are tagged, you need to mention 5 things about yourself that others don’t know. Then you need to tag 5 other people.
So here goes:
1) As much as I try to hide it, I’ve always been a computer nerd. My first ever computer was a Commodore 64, with a cassette tape. My 5 favourite games were Frogger, Q-Bert, and a motorbike game with “Clumsy Colin” the KP Skips potato chip mascot. The 80’s answer to the Tamagotchi, “Little Computer People”, was up there as well.
2) I really wanted to be a rock star. Don’t we all at some point? I played drums in a couple of bands, including Suitcase and Northern Arterial. Heard of them? Of course you haven’t.
3) I had a cupie doll named Sophie up until I was about 5, until my dog, Blackie, chewed her arms and legs off. Every time I see the front cover of Seth Godin’s latest book, it brings a tear to my eye.
4) Even though I’m an Australian male, I don’t particularly like sport. Cricket? Dull. AFL? Not interested. I did go and see the International Darts Championship in the UK earlier this year. Now there’s a sport. Fine, elite athletes if I ever I saw them.
5 ) My fiance, Stacey, and I actually met while playing in the percussion section of our school band. She was playing the glockenspiel, while I was on drums. I was 17 at the time; she was 13. Needless to say, it wasn’t until quite a few years later that we got together.
Now for the 5 of you that I’m tagging. I choose:
- Steve over at The Startup Blog.
- My anonymous friend at The Big Whinge.
- Shea Gunther, once his new blog is up and running.
- Preston via Jetson Green.
- Scott Rowe (no relation, BTW) at Greenlad.com.
Go forth and embarrass yourselves!
Filed under: Uncategorized |